Low moisture, harsh winds and constantly moving from warm to cold to warm temperatures are just some of the reasons why we deal with (super annoying!) red skin in the winter.
This time of year is also prime for picture-taking so I thought it would be helpful for everyone if I shared the best way to reduce skin redness! Try these remedies and I promise you’ll have an even-toned, flawless face in no time.
- Use a vitamnin E intensive moisturizer or chamomile lotion to sooth the skin
- Participating in outdoor sports? Try a thicker balm on your cheeks to prevent windburn. And of course, cover up with a bandana or scarf!
- If you find yourself getting flustered or feeling puffy from the changing of temperatures (cold in your car, warm in your office), stay away from salt and drink lots of water to stay hydrated.
- You can also spritz your face with a calming facial mist
- Use concealer with a green tint to neutralize the redness.
And if these ways to reduce skin redness aren’t working for you, please book an appointment with your dermatologist to rule out eczema, rosacea or skin allergies that may be causing the persistent problem. xo
( Credit RL)