This is certainly the time of year when you can’t hide your feet – whether you’re at the beach or sporting flip flops around town – and keeping them looking their best is essential. Your summer exercise routine, barefoot days by the pool and long walks in the sand are some of the best parts of the season, but are tough on your feet. If you’re thinking this is the year to get those feet looking smooth and staying soft for summer, keep reading for some excellent tips
1. Exfoliate. Sounds like too much work? It actually is quite easy and will keep your tootsies softer than you can imagine. Go for a gentle sugar scrub that you can easily apply in the shower a couple of times a week.
2. Moisturize. After you get out of the shower and you’ve done your exfoliation, put some serious moisturizer on those feet – especially your heels where feet tend to get cracked and tough.
3. Treat yourself to weekly pedicures. What an indulgence! But if there’s any time of year to go for it, summer is it-so give yourself a break and get a pedi!
4. Load up on Sunscreen. Sounds crazy, but it’s true! Your feet are just as exposed as everything else when you’re rocking your new bikini at the beach. Keep your feet soft and healthy by protecting them from elements like the sun.
5. Lay low on the salt and sodium. Have you ever noticed when you eat a lot of processed foods or other foods loaded with salt or sodium that your feet start to swell? What a great excuse to cut back on salty habits – so that your feet look great too!
6. Take a Nail Polish Hiatus. Sounds tough, but letting your nails breathe a little will help them stay their absolute healthiest – so don’t be afraid to give them a little break.
7. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Just like the rest of your body, your feet are covered in skin – and keeping your skin looking great means you need to drink up! Make sure you’re drinking enough H2O and even stepping up your hydration game during the hot days of summer.
What do you think? Is this your summer for the softest feet ever?