- Make sure your wearing belted dresses that actually belt at your natural waist
- A belt should give your body definition when wearing a billowy top or shift dress
- Have fun and belt your layers together, like a t-shirt dress and scarf or dress and cardigan
- Learn all the different ways to you can tie and tuck a skinny belt – you don’t need to only use the belt holes!
- If you’re wearing a belt + tight dress, keep the belt snug against your body. If it’s a more voluminous fabric, you can loosen the belt
( credit: L.R. & Getty Images)