If there were any look that I’d be willing to rock for all the years in my life, it would be the Boho chic look. This particular look is so perfect because it’s so easy and organic. It’s light, it’s free flowing and it’s very forgiving as well. Boho is also the style of choice of many music festival goers, making the look a staple warm weather look. Here are some of the wardrobe must haves for a chic summer bohemian look.
1. Maxi skirts – maxi skirts are one of the essential pieces you should get your hands on if you’re building a Boho wardrobe that you’ll be using for the summer. They’re very feminine and chic and they’re so light so they’re great for summer. Wear them with anything from a simple tank top to a romantic lace shirt and you have yourself a minimalistic Boho look.
2. Peasant tops – whether you’re aiming for a full on Boho look or one that’s more modern, a peasant top is sure to come in handy. Peasant tops are very versatile. You can wear these with maxi skirts or on top of maxi dresses to get a more natural Boho look or you can pair them with jeans for a more modern Boho look. Try to get your hands on peasant tops with embroidered detailing on them. Embroidery always adds more to the Boho-ness of any piece.
3. Flared jeans – the Boho look isn’t all about skirts and dresses. You can wear jeans, too, as mentioned above but not just any kind of jeans, though. Skinny jeans are a bit too contemporary for the Boho look so opt for flared ones instead. They’re quite flattering, too, so you should have no problem wearing them no matter what your body type is.
4. Flower crown – wearing a flower crown over your head when going for the Boho look may seem a little too cliché but it works like a charm every time. Since Boho is all about being free and natural, flowers make the best accessories to adorn your hair with. You can make your own out of either fresh or plastic flowers if you don’t want to spend too much on headpieces like these.
5. Sun hats – if you’re not into very girly accessories or the flower crown just doesn’t do it for you, you can replace it with a hat instead. Try to get as natural as possible by opting for woven straw hats and the like and reserve your bowler and fedora hats for other street style summer looks. If you’re planning on doing a modern Boho look, though, you can use them as well.